Collagen is an essential building block of the human body. It’s responsible for keeping skin elastic, hair strong, and nails healthy. It also helps joints move more freely and reduces stress on other organs like the heart and kidneys by taking the strain off them. There are five types of collagens: type I, type II, type III, type V, and type VII. Each has a different function in the body. But as you age or after physical stressors such as illness or overtraining take their toll on your body, collagen production decreases and its structural properties change. A decrease in collagen can lead to several effects that may be difficult to reverse at a later stage – wrinkles appear sooner than expected, fine lines deepen, stretch marks become more pronounced, hair turns grey earlier than usual, etcetera…
Benefits of collagen supplements for men
The most important benefits of collagen supplements are as follows –
– Stronger hair and nails- Stronger hair and nails can be achieved by collagen supplements because it is the main component of both, together with keratin. If you have brittle hair and nails, the chances are that you are low in collagen.
– Improved skin elasticity- Aging is the main factor that affects skin elasticity, but collagen supplements are a great way to get the glow back in no time.
– Better joint function- Injuries to the joints can also be caused by low collagen, as it is responsible for hydration and lubrication.
– Reduced organ stress- A decrease in collagen can cause an increase in stress on the heart, kidneys, and liver, which are major organs that depend on collagen for proper function.
– Healthy metabolism– The liver oversees producing collagen, so a healthy metabolism can be maintained by supplying it with sufficient collagen.
The benefits of Collagen Supplements in your body
The benefits of collagen supplements go far beyond the appearance of the skin and hair. Another important aspect is the role collagen plays in the functioning of your internal organs. Here are some of the most notable ones –
– Stronger bones– Collagen is also responsible for building strong bones, which are essential for a healthy and long life.
– Better digestion– If your body is not able to digest food properly, then it will not be able to assimilate nutrients.
– Lower blood pressure– People who have high blood pressure are in danger of suffering from heart disease and stroke.
– Healthy liver– The liver is one of the most important organs of the body, and it oversees many important functions, including the production of collagen.
– Balanced immune system– The immune system should be strong in order to be able to fight often, but if it is too active, it can be harmful as well.
– Reduces joint stress– Healthy joints are essential for mobility and a long life.
– Improved metabolic rate– The liver oversees producing collagen, so a healthy metabolism can be maintained by supplying it with sufficient collagen.
How to increase collagen through diet
By increasing your protein intake, you can achieve the results you desire. Collagen is mainly produced from amino acids like glycine, proline, and hydroxyproline.
– Some great sources of protein are – Herring, salmon, sardines, shrimp, tuna, crab, cod, eggs, almonds, walnuts, quinoa, oats, beans, chickpeas, lentils, and hemp seeds.
– You can also supplement your diet with collagen powder or capsules.
– It is also recommended to increase hydration with water, herbal teas, or even fruit and vegetable juice.
How to increase collagen with supplements
– A collagen supplement is a great way to boost your body’s collagen production.
– Look for products that contain hydrolyzed collagen. This form of collagen is easier to assimilate and more bioavailable.
– Collagen supplements are great for all skin types, but they are especially good for people with sensitive skin, people who are prone to breakouts, and people who have acne.
– If you are seeking a natural alternative to botox, then collagen supplements can help you achieve a similar effect.
– Don’t forget to include vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin A, and vitamin B in your diet to boost collagen production.
– Vitamin C can also be applied topically in the form of serums or creams.
Collagen supplements are a great way to boost collagen in the body and become more radiant. Men who want to look younger and have a more positive self-image can benefit greatly from collagen supplements. If you want to take your skincare routine to the next level, we would recommend that you try out a collagen supplement. With these supplements, you can get your daily dose of collagen without having to rely on food sources. If you are interested in trying out collagen supplements, you can purchase these at most health food stores or even online. They are relatively inexpensive and will last you a while, so you don’t have to keep repurchasing them.